4 files changed, 8 insertions, 8 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/security/keys/core.rst b/Documentation/security/keys/core.rst
index aa0081685ee1..b3ed5c581034 100644
@@ -1040,8 +1040,8 @@ The keyctl syscall functions are:
"key" is the ID of the key to be watched.
- "queue_fd" is a file descriptor referring to an open "/dev/watch_queue"
- which manages the buffer into which notifications will be delivered.
+ "queue_fd" is a file descriptor referring to an open pipe which
+ manages the buffer into which notifications will be delivered.
"filter" is either NULL to remove a watch or a filter specification to
indicate what events are required from the key.
diff --git a/samples/Kconfig b/samples/Kconfig
index 0ed6e4d71d87..e76cdfc50e25 100644
@@ -210,7 +210,7 @@ config SAMPLE_WATCHDOG
depends on CC_CAN_LINK
- bool "Build example /dev/watch_queue notification consumer"
+ bool "Build example watch_queue notification API consumer"
depends on CC_CAN_LINK && HEADERS_INSTALL
Build example userspace program to use the new mount_notify(),
diff --git a/samples/watch_queue/watch_test.c b/samples/watch_queue/watch_test.c
index 46e618a897fe..8c6cb57d5cfc 100644
@@ -1,5 +1,5 @@
// SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0
-/* Use /dev/watch_queue to watch for notifications.
+/* Use watch_queue API to watch for notifications.
* Copyright (C) 2020 Red Hat, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
* Written by David Howells (email@example.com)
diff --git a/security/keys/Kconfig b/security/keys/Kconfig
index 83bc23409164..c161642a8484 100644
@@ -119,7 +119,7 @@ config KEY_NOTIFICATIONS
bool "Provide key/keyring change notifications"
depends on KEYS && WATCH_QUEUE
- This option provides support for getting change notifications on keys
- and keyrings on which the caller has View permission. This makes use
- of the /dev/watch_queue misc device to handle the notification
- buffer and provides KEYCTL_WATCH_KEY to enable/disable watches.
+ This option provides support for getting change notifications
+ on keys and keyrings on which the caller has View permission.
+ This makes use of pipes to handle the notification buffer and
+ provides KEYCTL_WATCH_KEY to enable/disable watches.