169137d493fe8b6038f3afdba44be281586ab913
[fio.git] / examples / rand-zones.fio
1 # Sample job file demonstrating how to use zoned random distributionss
2 # to have skewed random accesses. This example has 50% of the accesses
3 # to the first 5% of the file (50/5), 30% to the next 15% (30/15), and
4 # finally 20% of the IO will end up in the remaining 80%.
5 [zones]
6 size=2g
7 direct=1
8 bs=4k
9 rw=randread
10 norandommap
11 random_distribution=zoned:50/5:30/15:20/
12
13 # It's also possible to use zoned_abs to specify absolute sizes. For
14 # instance, if you do:
15 #
16 # random_distribution=zoned_abs:50/10G:30/100G:20/500G
17 #
18 # Then 50% of the access will be to the first 10G of the drive, 30%
19 # will be to the next 100G, and 20% will be to the next 500G.
20
21 # The above applies to all of reads/writes/trims. If we wanted to do
22 # something differently for writes, let's say 50% for the first 10%
23 # and 50% for the remaining 90%, we could do it by adding a new section
24 # after a a comma.
25
26 # random_distribution=zoned:50/5:30/15:20/,50/10:50/90